Recipe by Jolin Mallet @biggreenegg_acadien
Makes 6-8 portions
- 1 1\2 lbs Ground beef or pork
- 4 peppers (orange, yellow and red)
- 2 onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 or 2 handful of spinach
- 3\4 cup frozen corn
- 1 cans 28oz crushed tomato
- 1 can of black beans
- 1\2 cup of ketchup
- 1\2 tsp of sweet smoked paprika
- 1\4 cup of maple syrup or molasse
- Graded cheese
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the Big Green Egg direct to 350F.
2. This step can be done on the Big Green Egg or on the stove top.
3. In a cast iron can, brown the meat and the onions. Add the green pepper and the frozen corn and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the crushed tomato, ketchup maple syrup or molasse, smoked paprika, rinsed black beans and the spinach.
5. Cook for about 30 minutes or until it’s thick enough to fill the peppers.
6. Cut in half 4 peppers and fill it with the mixture
7. Put all the filled peppers on top of the EGGspander and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the bottom of the peppers starts roasting.