Jalapeño Popper Pizza
A pizza with zing on the Big Green Egg. Recipe from Chris Lane.
- Homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 6-7 oz softened herbed cream cheese
- ½ cup fresh jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- ½ cup pepperoncini or banana peppers, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 450°F/232°C.
- Add a Baking Stone to preheat.
- Roll the pizza dough large enough to fit your baking stone. Place the dough on a sheet of parchment or cornmeal on a pizza peel.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on the dough. Top with all of the remaining ingredients.
- Slide the pizza on the baking stone and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.