Fire Roasted Corn & Black Bean Salsa
Recipe created by Chef Dez www.chefdez.com
Fantastic accompaniment at your next BBQ – great on grilled steak, chicken, and fish... or serve it as an appetizer with your favourite tortilla chips.
Makes approximately 4 cups
- 2 cobs sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thick
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/4 cup soft sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pureed
- Zest of 1 lime, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1. Set up your Big Green Egg for direct cooking and heat to a 500-550-degree F temperature.
2. Toss the corn, red pepper, and onion with the canola oil to coat. Grill until mostly charred. Let cool.
3. Cut the corn kernels off the cobs. Chop the red pepper and onion into small pieces. Transfer all to a medium sized bowl.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve!