Bourbon Smoked Salmon
Recipe by John McAdams. Makes enough for 6-8 people.
- 2 ½ lb salmon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- Combine brown sugar, salt and pepper and mix together well to make your dry rub.
- Rinse salmon under cold water and pad dry.
- Place some dry rub at bottom of container, cut salmon into quarters and place on top, place remaining rub on top of salmon. Sprinkle desired amount of bourbon. Cover and place in fridge 24 hrs.
- Set up your Big Green Egg for indirect cooking with Big Green Egg Oak & Hickory Charcoal, add 2 chunks of apple wood and heat to 200 degrees. Remove salmon from the container, rinse under cold water and place on rack to dry while your egg gets ready.
- Use a multi-level unit in your egg if possible, to place your salmon on (raised grid), if not available you can place on cooking grid direct.
- Leave salmon on EGG until you see a nice golden texture – approx 1 – 1 ½ hrs.
- Serve salmon with capers, cream cheese and fresh dill on your favorite crackers or bread.